Ham & Veggie Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup Kerrygold shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook broccoli and cauliflower according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt 2 teaspoons butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until blended. Stir in ham, pepper and vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 420 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Nov 4, 2019
I wish people would stop being so judgmental about ingredients that are used. If you don't like frozen vegetables don't make the recipe. I'm sure some people find them to be convenient to have on hand. Haggertrl
Nov 1, 2019
Super easy. I didn't make any changes. Quick, easy weeknight dinner recipe!
Nov 1, 2019
I wish T of H wouldn't post recipes using processed vegetables. Fresh cauliflower and broccoli are available everywhere, year-round, work great in this recipe and don't take longer to cook than frozen.. At least it doesn't call for canned soup! Ham is salty enough on its own
Mar 29, 2019
This is a good recipe. I made it as written, and my family really liked it. I will definitely make it again.
Feb 7, 2019
This is definitely a good casserole. You can change up the vegetables and add different seasonings to enhance the flavor.
Apr 6, 2018
Really liked this recipe. I used fresh veggies as I prefer fresh. Just steamed them in microwave first. I also had some cabbage so added that too. I added some fresh grounded nutmeg to the rue for some added flavor.
Jan 27, 2018
Delicious!!! I made this to use up some leftover spiral sliced ham that I had. The cheese sauce is really yummy as well. I added a few diced garlic cloves to the vegetables for a little added flavor. I also made some cheddar biscuits to go with it to round out the meal. This recipe is a keeper!
Dec 28, 2017
Great use of extra veggies and ham. Doubled up on vegetables; half a head of raw cauliflower, head of broccoli and 1c green beans. Roasted veggies withEVOO with SnP at 450F for 10 min and roasted the breadcrumbs on a different sheet at same time on parchment. While everything was roasting I made the b?chamel sauce, added the ham and then tossed veggies in sauce. Placed concoction in 9x13 dish and sprinkled with breadcrumbs. Cooked as directed. Eaten entirely as a ‘snack’ by two teenage boys for breakfast. Good basic recipe that can be adjusted to fit any meat/veggie combination. Going in the permanent file!
Dec 28, 2017
(I wanted five stars but site would not let me!) Fantastic - what a great way to use left over ham. The only thing different I did was to add some garlic powder. Will definitely make again.
Jan 18, 2017
My veggie-loathing husband went back for seconds! We decided it would also be good with chicken or leftover turkey!