Ham & Veggie Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook broccoli and cauliflower according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt 2 teaspoons butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until blended. Stir in ham, pepper and vegetables.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 420 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Mar 29, 2019
This is a good recipe. I made it as written, and my family really liked it. I will definitely make it again.
Feb 7, 2019
This is definitely a good casserole. You can change up the vegetables and add different seasonings to enhance the flavor.
Apr 6, 2018
Really liked this recipe. I used fresh veggies as I prefer fresh. Just steamed them in microwave first. I also had some cabbage so added that too. I added some fresh grounded nutmeg to the rue for some added flavor.
Jan 27, 2018
Delicious!!! I made this to use up some leftover spiral sliced ham that I had. The cheese sauce is really yummy as well. I added a few diced garlic cloves to the vegetables for a little added flavor. I also made some cheddar biscuits to go with it to round out the meal. This recipe is a keeper!
Dec 28, 2017
Great use of extra veggies and ham. Doubled up on vegetables; half a head of raw cauliflower, head of broccoli and 1c green beans. Roasted veggies withEVOO with SnP at 450F for 10 min and roasted the breadcrumbs on a different sheet at same time on parchment. While everything was roasting I made the b?chamel sauce, added the ham and then tossed veggies in sauce. Placed concoction in 9x13 dish and sprinkled with breadcrumbs. Cooked as directed. Eaten entirely as a ‘snack’ by two teenage boys for breakfast. Good basic recipe that can be adjusted to fit any meat/veggie combination. Going in the permanent file!
Dec 28, 2017
(I wanted five stars but site would not let me!) Fantastic - what a great way to use left over ham. The only thing different I did was to add some garlic powder. Will definitely make again.
Jan 18, 2017
My veggie-loathing husband went back for seconds! We decided it would also be good with chicken or leftover turkey!
Dec 30, 2016
Good. Used frozen Normandy Blend veggies and added 1/4 tsp garlic powder as well as Italian seasoning.
Nov 15, 2016
I really liked this. The only change I made was adding some rice.Very filling and easy to make.
May 17, 2016
Tasted good & cheesy! I used a package of broccoli & a package of mixed veggies. I just wanted more variety in the vegetables. I didn't toast the bread crumbs since I used seasoned panko bread crumbs sprinkled on top.