Ham ‘n’ Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cheeses. Cook and stir over low heat just until cheese is melted (mixture will be thick). Remove from the heat. Stir in the eggs, potatoes, ham, onion and parsley.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 594 calories, 39g fat (22g saturated fat), 398mg cholesterol, 1522mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2013
My favorite leftover ham recipe. Have made it several times and all the family love it.
Apr 24, 2011
I actually made this without the Ham and added garlic and herb and is was wonderful! A huge hit this Easter with the whole family!
Jan 19, 2011
Our family LOVES THIS!! We fight over the leftovers even. This last time we made it, we added frozen spinach (thawed and well drained of course) - yummy!
Dec 10, 2009
I love this recipe. Will use it again during the holidays leaving out the ham and just serve as a side dish with a big spiral ham.
Apr 6, 2009
I think I'll try the frozen hashbrown potatoes and save more time.
Jan 10, 2009
The prep time is 25 mins when I did it. I cook the eggs earlier that day. I only used 4 instead of 8..I am not much on the taste of eggs. I also used 2 cans of dice potatoes to help with prep time. Easy and taste great..will have to make a double batch next time!
Mar 3, 2008
there's no way that the prep time for this dish is 25 min.....its closer to an hour and a pain in the butt......but boy is it good