Cheesy Sliced Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6-1/2 cups thinly sliced potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon in an ungreased microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes until potatoes are tender and bouillon is dissolved, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic powder; stir in milk until smooth. Pour over potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 141 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 10, 2018
Great recipe when you need to keep your oven free for something else! Plus it definitely saves on cook time. I think I still prefer it baked just because of the texture they get in the oven, but this was still really yummy and I know I'll make it again. Just a hint though - 1 lb of potatoes is not equivalent to 6 cups of potatoes - you will need closer to 1.5 - 2 lbs. So make sure you measure them in cups and not in pounds.
Jun 26, 2008
Delicious and easy!!!