Cheesy Potatoes with Sour Cream
Potatoes add comforting appeal to any meal. This recipe is often requested by my family.—Dona Dickie, Livermore, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced chives, divided
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well. In a bowl; combine 3 cups cheese, sour cream, soup, butter and 3 tablespoons chives. Add potatoes; stir gently until potatoes are coated.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining chives.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 420 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Sour Cream Potatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2004