Slow-Cooked Cheesy Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- Toss the potatoes and cheese; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup, onion, 4 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in sour cream. Toss stuffing cubes and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 297 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 11, 2016
I like that these potatoes are cut like french fries, it gives the dish a different look rather than just slicing the potatoes. I know these are called "slow-cooked" but I baked mine in the oven and they turned out good. Not having sour cream, I used 1/2 cup of mayonnaise mixed with 1/2 cup of water. I also used used my own bread crumbs on the top.
Jun 17, 2013
I basically used this recipe as a guideline. I cut the recipe in half and used my 3-quart slow cooker which worked great. I left out the soup, replaced the sour cream with mayonnaise and didn't used the stuffing cubes. I also used salt substitute in place of both the salt and the pepper. For time constraints, I had the slow cooker on high for just over an hour and on low for not quite 4 1/2 hours. The potatoes turned out great. My husband does not care for potatoes most of the time and he commented that they were good.
May 14, 2013
Will have to make this soon ~ may need to change it around a little ~ leave out cream chx. soup, only use sour cream and cheddar cheese. Would also use Stove Top Savory Herb stuffing mix. That's my take.
Oct 6, 2011
Oh my goodness, these turned out extremely salty and were a gloppy mess!
Mar 10, 2011
I liked the flavor, but the fries where like mush, next time i might use a larger type of fries
Aug 13, 2010
Very yummy! I made this in the oven and cooked it for about 1 hour at 350 degrees
Oct 1, 2009
Stove top stuffing mix
Jun 2, 2009
What are stuffing cubes?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.