Slow-Cooked Cheesy Cauliflower
When my main course took up the entire oven, I needed a vegetable that I could make in the slow cooker. After searching for a recipe, I ended up writing my own. My dish turned out better than I could have hoped! —Heather Corson, Casper, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets (about 18 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cauliflower, soup and cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cauliflower is tender, 5-6 hours. Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle over cauliflower.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 178 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Cauliflower in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.