Slow-Cooked Cheesy Cauliflower
When my main course took up the entire oven, I needed a vegetable that I could make in the slow cooker. After searching for a recipe, I ended up writing my own. My dish turned out better than I could have hoped! —Heather Corson, Casper, Wyoming
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets (about 18 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cauliflower, soup and cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cauliflower is tender, 5-6 hours. Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle over cauliflower.
3/4 cup: 178 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 20, 2019Disappointed, took much longer to cook and it had a bland sauce. Will stick with my own recipe.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC