When my main course took up the entire oven, I needed a vegetable that I could make in the slow cooker. After searching for a recipe, I ended up writing my own. My dish turned out better than I could have hoped! —Heather Corson, Casper, Wyoming
Featured In: 25 Easy Summer Side Dishes For The Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets (about 18 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cauliflower, soup and cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cauliflower is tender, 5-6 hours. Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle over cauliflower. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Cheesy Cauliflower in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p28