Cheesy Cauliflower with Peas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into florets
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a covered saucepan, cook cauliflower in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Drain the cauliflower. Add peas, mushrooms, 1 cup of cheese and cauliflower to the milk mixture; stir gently. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 174 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 22, 2018
What a tasteful find. It's super cheesy, creamy and yummy. The peas add pop to the taste as well as adding a nice visual as well. I did not have any mushrooms.I would suggest baking it uncovered for the whole baking time. I used just 1 cup of milk and. 1/2 cup of broth that I cooked the Cauliflower in.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor.
Nov 29, 2011
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner, and it was very well received. Thanks for a great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.