Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, onion, bouillon and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the milk, soup, garlic powder and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 231 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Apr 29, 2014
Excellent soup very good flavor definitely make it again.
Aug 1, 2012
I used fresh cauliflower and carrots from my garden and added some cooked chicken. This is an amazing dish.
Oct 12, 2011
yummy i used a lot off substitutions though, and added a few yummy herbs and stuff!
Sep 30, 2011
Really yummy, quick and simple to put together, but healthy, too!
Jun 25, 2011
Feb 8, 2011
Creamy, tasty, yummy! Even my hubby & 15 month old liked it!!
Jan 5, 2011
I used fresh cauliflower, 2 cans of cream of celery instead of potato & i added alot of different seasonings & it turned out fantastic!
Oct 22, 2010
oh wanted to add i added fresh chopped onions instead of the dried
Oct 22, 2010
we actually liked this recipe! i loved how "quick" and convenient it was so it was nice to put it together so easily on a busy night - as for flavor yeah it was lacking slightly so i just added some pepper and also dried cilantro to give it extra zing - otherwise we loved it!
Oct 14, 2010
My family did not like this. It was too bland.