Slow-Cooked Ranch Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours.
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, soup, milk, dressing mix and reserved drippings until blended; stir into potatoes. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 7-8 hours. Top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 230 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 28, 2016
These turned out pretty good though they were done in way less cooking time so they were a little darker than I liked. The flavor was delicious!
Jan 2, 2016
Instead of cream of potato soup, I made a white sauce; left out the bacon. It was very creamy and delicious. Thanks, Lynn, for sharing this recipe.
Mar 18, 2015
Good but a little to salty for me.
Mar 7, 2015
Made as directed with additional milk. To me these were just OK. The sauce is thick and heavy. It is very salty with the ranch mix and bacon and I love salt. The flavor is just ranch. I could hardly taste the bacon. I don't think I would ever make them again.
Mar 3, 2015
After reading other reviews about this turning out a bit dry I cut the potatoes and bacon in half but used the full amount of the remaining ingredients. (Also used Cream of Mushroom soup because that is what I had.) They came out wonderfully "saucy" with the extra sauce good on a plain saut?ed chicken breast. I did add a bit of garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Next time I think I'll just brown a couple of chicken breasts and lay them on top of the potatoes in the slow-cooker with a sprinkle of paprika... easy-peasy one pot dinner! Oh, and 5 hours was plenty of time.
Mar 3, 2015
Made this yesterday. Didn't have cream of potato soup so used cream of onion and added garlic. Also used Yukon Gold potatoes instead of red. Excellent recipe! Was done in under 5 hours. Will definitely make again!
Feb 21, 2014
Cooked these in the slow cooker, then I just baked some chicken breast to go with them. Was a great easy dinner.
Nov 28, 2013
Didn't have time to make in the crockpot so tried them in the oven, nice option for a different side dish. My family is big on bacon so I added a little extra. Next time will add a little more milk to give it a creamier texture .Might also add some garlic or garlic salt.
Oct 23, 2013
Great recipe!! I didn't add the bacon; i'm not much of a bacon person. I think fried onions would also be good mixed in. I had it in the slow cooker for 5 hours and they turned out tender as can be! I will be making this for a side at Thanksgiving!
Oct 23, 2013
Fixed this yesterday and it was great. I mixed more milk in before cooking, since other reviewers stated that they got a little dry. Also only cooked for 5 hours and they were done. Will be having these again.