Slow Cooker Mushroom Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, onion, garlic, green onions, mushrooms, flour, salt, pepper and butter. Repeat layers. Pour soup over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender; sprinkle with cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 249 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 30, 2009
This dish tastes wonderful -- with or without the cheese. I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned w/ fantastic results. But I will say that it is the UGLIEST dish I have ever cooked. There's a reason there's no picture of it here. And the pepper called-for in the recipe made it a little too spicy for my kids. I'll definitely make it again, with less pepper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.