Slow Cooker Mushroom Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, onion, garlic, green onions, mushrooms, flour, salt, pepper and butter. Repeat layers. Pour soup over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender; sprinkle with cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 249 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2009
This dish tastes wonderful -- with or without the cheese. I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned w/ fantastic results. But I will say that it is the UGLIEST dish I have ever cooked. There's a reason there's no picture of it here. And the pepper called-for in the recipe made it a little too spicy for my kids. I'll definitely make it again, with less pepper.