Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 small carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the vegetables in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the butter, tapioca, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 113 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Mar 10, 2019
Oct 13, 2017
I love this recipe!!
Jun 5, 2011
My family doesn't care for tomatoes so I left those out of the recipe. I used half of a green bell pepper and half of a sweet red pepper. I also added some broccoli and zucchini. I liked the slightly sweet taste of the vegetables, but my husband and son didn't think it had much taste to it. It made an easy meal to simply serve the veggies over rice, but I won't make it again since my family didn't really care for it.
Feb 21, 2011
Wonderful vegetable recipe. I use a can of tomatoes, instead of fresh. Creates a lot of juice/sauce, really good served over rice.
May 19, 2009
This cannot be correct. There's lots of fiber in this vegetable dish!!
May 19, 2009
Under nutrition facts it lists 0 grams of fiber; is this right?