Slow-Cooker Beef and Broccoli
I love introducing my kids to all kinds of flavors. This Asian-inspired slow-cooker beef and broccoli meal is one of their favorites, so I serve it often. —Brandy Stansbury, Edna, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Hot cooked rice
- Optional: Sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onions
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add beef; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low until tender, about 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place broccoli in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir broccoli into slow cooker. Serve over rice. If desired, garnish with optional ingredients.