Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
Makes8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 reduced-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Add vegetables; cover and cook on high 2 hours longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 183 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Dec 29, 2016
Very healthy delicious well seasoned soup!
Dec 4, 2016
This soup is delicious & hearty! I use ground beef instead and brown it along with the onions before combining with the rest of the ingredients. We appreciate this soup on chilly days!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.