Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
What a treat to come home from work and have this savory soup ready to eat. It's a nice traditional beef soup with old-fashioned goodness.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
Makes8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 reduced-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Add vegetables; cover and cook on high 2 hours longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 183 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition
Dec 29, 2016
Very healthy delicious well seasoned soup!
Dec 4, 2016
This soup is delicious & hearty! I use ground beef instead and brown it along with the onions before combining with the rest of the ingredients. We appreciate this soup on chilly days!