Easy Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes40 egg rolls
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Onion powder to taste
- 40 egg roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place a heaping tablespoonful of beef mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and enough water to make a paste. Moisten top corner with paste; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteFill egg roll wrappers one at a time, keeping the others covered until ready to use.
Mar 15, 2014
Easy to make I substituted pork and added mushrooms and some finely cut up celery.Came out great no more paying for high priced restaurant egg rolls.
Jan 28, 2014
This is a great, easy recipe, and you can substitute ingredients to your taste. I added a little teriyaki, some water chestnuts, and sesame oil. Delicious! Packaged cole slaw is a winner.
Dec 11, 2011
my family love this..
Oct 30, 2011
Took it to a church dinner and everyone loved it! We made it with 1/2 sausage and 1/2 ground beef excellent!!
Jan 10, 2011
I subsituted half hamburger & half sausage plus cut up from celery fine. Even the grandkids gave it a thumbs up.
Apr 28, 2010
I added some bean sprouts that had been marinated in honey garlic sauce and used cut up shrimp instead of beef The best I have ever had including at a chinese restaurant
Apr 30, 2009
This recipe was very easy to put together and I enjoyed making them. There seemed to be something missing though. Maybe next time I will use ground pork for a little more flavor! Otherwise it was great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.