Hawaiian Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes7 egg rolls
- 10 fresh spinach leaves, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, coarsely ground (about 2 cups)
- 4 water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 7 egg roll wrappers
- Canola oil for frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a large saucepan, saute spinach and ginger in olive oil for 1-2 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the ham, water chestnuts, pineapple, onions and soy sauce. Stir in the spinach mixture.
- Place 3 tablespoons of ham mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides over filling toward center. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of canola oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-sour sauce.
Aug 13, 2016
These are so much fun. I make large batches because they disappear so fast. My family really loves canned ham in this, more authentic. So worth the effort!
Jan 11, 2016
This was the first time ever made egg rolls and took them to a New Years party and they were a BIG hit ! I served the with sweat & sour sauce and a hot mustard sauce but most people were eating them with no sauce at all ! Best all , They were easy too make ! Not bad for a guy doing this !
Oct 22, 2010
I made these egg rolls for a party I threw for my son. People loved them. They went kind of fast. Make sure to squeeze the pineapples as dry as possible or they will be too sweet/wet.