Chicken Rangoon Egg Rolls
This is a recipe that I made into my own—a friend served a layered appetizer paired with crackers, and I made it into a fried egg roll! It makes a great finger-food party appetizer. —Debbie Carter, Kingsburg, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and soy sauce; stir in chicken, carrot, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Place 2 tablespoons filling in center of 1 egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- Fry egg rolls in batches until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with sweet-and-sour sauce.