Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes8 egg rolls
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chili, cheese, onion and jalapeno. Place 1/4 cup chili mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 egg roll (calculated without optional ingredients): 284 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Apr 15, 2016
it tastes amazing
Nov 9, 2015
I used my left over homemade chili and left out the jalapeno. My grand kids went wild over these egg rolls...my eldest grand daughter is now 6 months pregnant and this is her favorite recipe, she claims the baby keeps asking for more...I love that is easy to prepare and so delicious to eat...
Feb 6, 2012
Super fast to put together. Family loved them.
Aug 9, 2011
Super easy and great with guac!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.