Italian Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes14 egg rolls
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Hot Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the spinach, cheeses and garlic powder.
- Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, in batches, for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with spaghetti sauce if desired.
Jun 18, 2016
These tasted great! But greasy. Did I do something wrong?
Aug 7, 2015
Very good. I added chopped fresh garlic and cooked it with the sausage. I will definitely make again.
Feb 8, 2010
this was fast easy and tasted wonderful, the whole family loved them. we:ve decided this will be a new family favorite,
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.