Italian Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes14 egg rolls
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the spinach, cheeses and garlic powder.
- Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, in batches, for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with spaghetti sauce if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 18, 2016
These tasted great! But greasy. Did I do something wrong?
Aug 7, 2015
Very good. I added chopped fresh garlic and cooked it with the sausage. I will definitely make again.
Feb 8, 2010
this was fast easy and tasted wonderful, the whole family loved them. we:ve decided this will be a new family favorite,