Vegetable Egg Rolls
It's nice to get a crunch from egg rolls that aren't deep-fried. Combined with the sweet-hot dipping sauce, these vegetable egg rolls are a tasty alternative to less healthy versions. —Pamela Thomas, Watchung, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook green pepper and beans in oil until tender. Add the cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, herbes de Provence and pepper. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes longer.
- Place 3 tablespoons of vegetable mixture in center of 1 egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture and wrappers.
- Place seam side down on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook preserves and marmalade over medium heat until smooth, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Serve with egg rolls.