Vegetable Egg Rolls
It's nice to get a crunch from egg rolls that aren't deep-fried. Combined with the sweet-hot dipping sauce, these vegetable egg rolls are a great alternative to less healthy versions. —Pamela Thomas, Watchung, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook green pepper and beans in oil until tender. Add the cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, herbes de Provence and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Place 3 tablespoons of vegetable mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture and wrappers.
- Place seam side down on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook preserves and marmalade over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Serve with egg rolls.
Editor's NoteLook for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 egg roll with 1 teaspoon sauce: 142 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Vegetarian Egg Rolls in Fast Track 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.