Italian Dinner Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and seasonings. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add egg; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 15 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Melt remaining butter; dip tops of balls in butter and remaining cheese.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 173 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 24, 2009
*correction* I'll "half" the recipe next time.
Oct 24, 2009
these were good but I'll have the recipe next time. I thought they would have more of a flavor to them, next time I'll add more cheese or garlic salt.