Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, optional
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and, if desired, fennel seed; heat through.
- Drain noodles. Spread 1/4 cup meat sauce over each noodle; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Carefully roll up noodles and place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 377 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Apr 15, 2018
I have to give this a five star which is rare for me. It is going to be in my recipe binder. I did change it up a bit. I made the recipe as described, but in a small bowl I used cottage cheese, one egg, and added the cheese to the mixture. After placing the meat mixture, I put a small amount of the cheese mixture before rolling. All and all, a great recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Mar 27, 2018
I used spicy Italian sausage instead of beef and added a layer of pesto and sour cream. Turned out great!
Jul 11, 2014
Excellent. I made half the recipe and it was perfect for two.
Feb 10, 2014
Made these with ricotti added to the filling, just dabbed in on top of the meat sauce, yummie! Another Keeper from Taste of Homes!
Mar 2, 2011
Very good! Even my picky eater ate with us! I might try adding a little cottage cheese next time.
Mar 1, 2011
I made this just as the recipe requires. Hardly any flavor! I tossed all of them back in the pan, mixed up some more sauce along with way more spices/seasonings and reheated to salvage the rest of the meal. Plus they are super putzie and good luck getting much of the stuffing to actually stay in the noodle. Way more work than you get out of the taste. I would suggest just making a pan of lasagna.
Feb 27, 2011
Very easy and yummy! We love these as an alternative to spaghetti!
Mar 15, 2010
This was excellent and not hard at all. My fiance said this was the best thing I've ever made. I will be cooking this again.
Dec 10, 2009
We loved these rolls. I used seasonings that my family loves. It was so easy to roll them up. Definitely will make again, probably will double the recipe.
Mar 2, 2009
I already have the spaghetti sauce! Thanks for the idea!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.