Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and egg. Spread a heaping 1/3 cupful over each noodle. Roll up; place seam side down in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour marinara sauce over roll-ups.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 lasagna roll: 301 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 22, 2017
Delicious, easy, make-ahead dish. I added 1 t Italian seasoning to the spinach mixture.
Feb 15, 2014
5 stars for this one!!! Everyone asks for this recipe! Even bona-fide carnivores are won over by this dish...every time I make this, it seems the whole neighborhood knows what's going on...now if I could just get help w/the dishes...this a very easy dish to personalize..and I usually double the recipe..freezes very well. A nice dish to have in your repetoire.
Oct 23, 2013
really easy to make and the whole family loved it!
Oct 12, 2013
This meal is completely doable during the work week! Kids and adults alike give this one a thumbs up! You can add chicken if you want meat in this dish, and it works great.
Feb 20, 2012
So delicious and so easy! I used ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese because it was all I had in the fridge, and I added some garlic salt and black pepper to the mixture. I also cooked it right away because I saw too late that I was supposed to refrigerate it! Still delicious and easy :)
Dec 7, 2011
I've made this several times and it is a hit with my husband and my toddler. I use extra mozz cheese and spinach, and skip the parm, and i can usually make 8 rolls with it instead of 6. Also i've found that 40-45 mins is the perfect cooking time.
Jun 24, 2008
add 1/8 - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Feb 24, 2008
Excellent! I like to use a Basil pasta sauce and I put fresh ground black pepper and dried basil before adding the sauce. So good!