Lasagna Roll Ups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, salt, oregano and cayenne; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of the meat sauce into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and onion powder; spread 1/4 cupful on each noodle. Carefully roll up and place seam side down over meat sauce. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 525 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein.
Apr 12, 2014
I made this for my fiance and his friends after a long day of skiing. Rave reviews from all!
Aug 29, 2012
Although this recipe was easyto make, it was dry and did not have a good taste. My grandchildren love lasagna but did not eat this because it did not taste good.
Feb 26, 2011
This recipe was so good and easy to follow. Thanks!
Sep 6, 2010
This was such a delicious recipe and my husband and I liked it so much better then the traditional lasagna. You can do half the strips for little ones. Will for sure make these again!!
Jun 30, 2010
This is a good, fast weekday alternative to making traditional lasagna. We're adding it to our rotation.