Turkey Lasagna Roll-Ups
"When making traditional lasagna, my mother would always have leftover noodles, so she experimented and came up with this tasty way to use them up," writes Renee Buck from Greenville, South Carolina. "You can substitute chicken for the ground turkey and use spinach instead of broccoli in the filling for these roll-ups," she suggests.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 lasagna noodles
- 6 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the noodles according to package directions; rinse and drain. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broccoli and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Add the broccoli, ricotta, egg, milk, thyme and salt to the turkey mixture. Spread over each noodle; drizzle each with 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Carefully roll up jelly-roll style.
- Place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Turkey Lasagna Roll-Ups in Light & Tasty June/July 2003
Sep 3, 2014
I tried using Italian flavored turkey and it was delicious!
Dec 16, 2012
Tasty and filling. Great way to use up leftover lasagna noodles. Will make this again the next time I have leftover noodles.
Apr 12, 2012
It's simply delicious, tasty and tender!!