Potluck Pan Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup water. Add the butter, eggs, milk powder, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar and water. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 27 pieces; shape into balls. Place 18 balls in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan and remaining balls in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 141 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 9, 2018
I have bad luck with breads, and these were no different, unfortunately. I will say that I think it would be helpful to note the approximate weight of each ball to help ensure consistent sizing. 27 pieces is kind of a random number to divide something into.
Jan 29, 2018
These rolls were an absolute hit. Thank you for sharing.
Jan 25, 2018
I wanted a real yeasty taste and this recipe didn't work for me.
Jan 24, 2018
I don't have dry milk. can sub in real milk and less water??
Jan 13, 2018
How can they have 0 saturated fat when there is a stick of butter in the recipe?
Dec 11, 2014
Delicious but easy yeast roll recipe. It was a hit with my family and friends!
Dec 24, 2012
My husbands new favorite roll.
Dec 19, 2011
I thought I'd never find this recipe. I lost mine, and I was typing the name in wrong. This is the best recipe I have ever tried for rolls.
Nov 9, 2010
Nov 24, 2009
I have made 2 batches of these rolls every Thanksgiving and Christmas since 1999. I was just beginning to make homemade rolls and these seemed very easy to make. The first batch is made on Tuesday before Thanksgiving, because I know my family cannot wait until Thanksgiving for these delicious yeast rolls. Definitely a keeper!