Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine milk, softened butter, eggs, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Divide and shape each portion into 12 balls. Place rolls in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Cover with clean kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. If desired, brush tops lightly with melted butter. Cool on wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 173 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 26, 2020
Audrey, it actually says “ Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Divide and shape each portion into 12 balls. Place rolls in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans” So this would yield 24...
Dec 24, 2019
Did none of the Editors catch that the Recipe says the Yield is 24, but the actual Recipe only has you divide the Dough in 12 Portions? oops........
Jul 30, 2017
These rolls are so light and fluffy , my family just loves them . It's the easiest recipe
Nov 1, 2016
I would like to know how to get a smooth top on yeast rolls
Mar 26, 2016
These rolls turned out really good and they looked just like the picture! I will definitely be making these again. Thanks!!!
Feb 17, 2016
I just made these and OMG are they good. It's the first time I've baked rolls. I haven't tried baking breads/rolls for a long time as I haven't had good results because of the yeast. So happy it turned out great, easy too.
Sep 22, 2015
quite good and light! Nice recipe!
Nov 29, 2013
Good and easy to make, but not quite what I was hoping for. I may have overworked the dough. They turned out tougher than I wanted.
Jan 21, 2013
I made these rolls for my family last Friday, substituting stick margarine for the butter and soy milk for the milk. I also omitted the tsp. sugar in which to dissolve the yeast. These were simply outstanding! And dairy free to boot! Already my wife and kids want me to make them again!Avram Herzog
Jan 9, 2013