Golden Honey Pan Rolls
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg white
- Additional honey, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first 8 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.)
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 12 balls each in 2 greased 8-in. square baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- For glaze, combine the sugar, butter, honey and egg white; drizzle over dough. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Brush with additional honey if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 139 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 25, 2018
I made these rolls for my Christmas dinner. First time ever making dinner rolls turned out wonderful! Followed recipe exactly as written and they baked up nicely. Not sweet at all, although I did not make the glaze, which I'm sure makes a difference. Great starter recipe for someone learning to bake. Will make again.
Apr 17, 2018
I hadn't used my bread machine in years until I saw this recipe and just had to try it. WOW! This is the best. Good to keep in the freezer as well. My bread machine is gonna get a good workout from now on!!
Apr 5, 2018
These rolls are so good! I made two batches last weekend. I wasn't paying attention and used 100% whole wheat four. The dough didn't rise all that much, but I figured I would use it anyway. I then went on to make another batch with regular AP flour. I baked them all up with the glaze, and they were amazing! Wheat and regular alike. I used my bread maker to make the dough. So easy! Give this a try.I think I might make a loaf of bread next time with the dough. It has such a nice texture that I think it would be great for sandwiches or just toast.
Feb 2, 2018
I love bread recipes for which I can use my bread machine to save on time. This one is now a family favorite! The rolls are very light & flavorful, even without the glaze! I try to cut down on sweetners, so when another reviewer said these are equally delicious without the glaze, I decided to try them. Our family of four had them gone by the end of the next day! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Jun 4, 2017
These are very good and are relatively simple to make. They are great to make for a company dinner - so good! They are quite tasty too even without the glaze (though the glaze is yummy)!
Apr 15, 2017
Fixed these for company and none left.
Mar 15, 2017
Me and my parents really love these rolls! Even my dad and he hates everything new. We made them as stated the first time, but the glaze mostly just burned a little, which I hate. It didn't seem to add any flavor. The next time we decided to leave off the glaze and instead of separating the eggs we used two, and a little more honey in the dough. I drizzle honey over them when they come out of the oven and they are perfect just like that.
Dec 27, 2016
So good! Made this recipe without a bread machine. Simply mixed the ingredients as directed and kneaded for about 7-8 minutes. Let the dough rise for 1 hour then followed the recipe instructions to shape rolls, let rise again and bake. Wonderful texture and just a hint of sweetness from the glaze. Will definitely make again.
Oct 24, 2016
My rolls did not rise at all going right by the recipe. I cooked them anyway and all the glaze came down and burned in the pan. What did I do wrong?
Aug 23, 2016
Absolutely perfect recipe. The rolls came out soft and spongy, almost like cake.