Peanut Butter Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot freshly brewed coffee
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, shortening, salt, eggs and 3-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 14x9-in. rectangle. Spread 1/3 cup peanut butter to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each into 12 slices. Place, cut side down, in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown. Combine frosting ingredients until smooth; frost warm rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 1, 2015
I might add peanut butter or a little more sugar to the dough to sweeten it, but otherwise it was great!
Jul 4, 2010
These are so good, it's sinful!! Don't be afraid of the coffee in the frosting...it really brings out the peanut butter flavor. I've even used cappuccino in place of the coffee with good results.