Peanut Butter Graham Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 10 whole graham crackers, broken into quarters, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 14 squares)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Line the bottom of a greased 11x7-in. dish with half of the graham crackers; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes longer. Immediately pour half over crackers in prepared pan. Top with the remaining graham crackers; spread with remaining sugar mixture.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and peanut butter, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth and blended. Spread evenly over bars. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 182 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 21, 2013
very good snack
Sep 12, 2011
I took these to a covered dish picnic and got asked for the recipe. I thought they were good, the consistency of the sugar mixture is a little strange at first. The bars cut very nicely and I was even able to cut each in half, to get 40.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.