Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups miniature pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup, divided
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Reserve 1/3 cup chopped pretzels. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave 6 tablespoons butter on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Stir in marshmallows; cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in Rice Krispies and remaining chopped pretzels. Immediately press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted, stirring once. Add peanut butter chips; cook 30-40 seconds or until chips are melted, stirring once. Spread over cereal layer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining corn syrup and remaining butter. Cook on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted, stirring once. Add chocolate chips; cook 30-40 seconds longer or until chips are melted, stirring once. Spread over top.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and reserved pretzels; press down gently. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Store in airtight containers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 136 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 29, 2019
Pretty tasty. I wish it had more peanut butter flavor.
May 4, 2019
I followed the recipe exactly. My husband give them a 5 stars and brought them to work and all the guys just loved them! I will definitevely make them again.
Aug 5, 2017
I ?? theze!! So delicious
Jul 4, 2017
I wasn't a big fan of these personally but my co-workers seemed to have enjoyed them. They tasted fine but I didn't care much for the texture. I was expecting them to be more like a rice crispy treat consistency but they were a bit chewy.
May 30, 2017
Too sweet for my family's liking. Perhaps a full rice cereal recipie would help with sweetness
Feb 12, 2017
Great variation of rice crispy treats! We loved them!
Sep 15, 2015
So simple to make. My husband tasted a few. Really enjoyed. Giving most of them to my nephew for his birthday. I put some in the freezer. It will be interesting to see how the bars stand freezing. Will make again!!
Sep 2, 2015
Easy to make and all my co-workers loved it. I believe that you need to double the Peanut Butter and Chocolate sauces to make sure that all the bars are covered.
Nov 2, 2014
Warning! These things are addictive. I made a batch for Halloween on Thursday and today (Sunday) my husband is begging me to make a batch for him to take to work with him this week. Needless to say they're in the fridge right now. I managed to get half of one from the first batch. YUM! Guess I know what I'll be giving for take-homes at T-Day. Thanks for sharing.
Oct 23, 2013
Great twist on the usual ho-hum Rice Krispie bars. Love the salty-sweet combination of flavors.