Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chips and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 173 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 16, 2019
nothing special - I baked them longer than the recipe calls for and they still seemed not-done.
Jan 7, 2015
Yummy and easy cookie bar recipe that my children loved. The copy of this recipe that I have shows it pictured with chocolate frosting and nuts, but I made it as described in the recipe (without the toppings) and it was still very rich (and tasty!)
Aug 28, 2012
From reading the reviews I reduced the amount of marshmallows and chocolate chips by a half cup. Turned out very good. Still sweet and delicious.
Aug 2, 2012
My family Loves these bars! Quick, Easy and oh so yummy!
Dec 30, 2010
Nov 7, 2010
This cookie is delicious, but very rich. However, if you like S'mores, you'll love it.
May 21, 2010
When I took this recipe to a party, it was liked by a few, but it was just so rich that even the children were not very excited about eating it. It could not have been quicker, though, and I would recommend it to others to try and see if they like it.