Peanutty Caramel Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut butter on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until melted. Add cereal and peanuts; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt chips, butter and remaining peanut butter on high for 20-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Reduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 24, 2012
I made these for my family and the kids really loved them, so I brought a batch to work and everyone wanted the recipe. I will absolutely make these again.
Sep 22, 2011
We love these bars. My husband couldn't stop eating them. Good thing I only made a half batch in a 9x9 for the first try! Nothing I would change except I use light margarine instead of butter.
Oct 12, 2009
These are Delicious!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.