Peanutty Caramel Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut butter on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until melted. Add cereal and peanuts; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt chips, butter and remaining peanut butter on high for 20-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Reduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 27, 2019
These will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Sep 24, 2012
I made these for my family and the kids really loved them, so I brought a batch to work and everyone wanted the recipe. I will absolutely make these again.
Sep 22, 2011
We love these bars. My husband couldn't stop eating them. Good thing I only made a half batch in a 9x9 for the first try! Nothing I would change except I use light margarine instead of butter.
Oct 12, 2009
These are Delicious!!!