Caramel Peanut Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt caramels with cream, stirring often. Sprinkle chocolate chips and peanuts over the crust; top with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 197 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 20, 2019
omg these are sweet... toooooo sweet, and messy .. I assumed the crumbled top batter would settle into the caramel but it didn't so its just a crumbly mess. I won't eat these, so gotta find someone to give them too .. that likes sugar buzzes
Jul 23, 2019
These are very good and easy to make. Makes a lot of bars and you can cut them in sizes appropriate for your crowd. Will keep this recipe for sure
Jul 20, 2018
Mar 6, 2018
I have a variation of this recipe that uses chopped walnuts instead of peanuts. I usually make them at Christmas to share with friends and family. They are always liked!
May 21, 2016
Very good snack treat.
Feb 20, 2016
Everyone loved these. The creamy caramel was so good. I am going to make these for a family party. I can see a riot breaking out over them. Lol
Mar 7, 2014
What a good bar recipe! I didn't have a few ingredients so I had to substitute, nothing that really changed the taste of the recipe though. Instead of chocolate chips I used mini M&Ms and I replaced melting the caramels with whipped cream by using a homemade caramel sauce.
May 22, 2013
These bars are very attractive and taste amazing. They also hold up very well- I mailed a batch to my brother and they didn't crumble to bits. I really like the oatmeal crust and topping- it keeps the bars from being too sweet.
Sep 1, 2011
These bars are delish!!! They taste just like a candy bar. I have been making them for years and they are always a hit.