Peanut Brittle Bars
Pairing the old-fashioned flavor of peanut brittle with yummy chocolate chips turns these bars into a satisfying treat and sought-after holiday gift. This is the perfect recipe for peanut candy bars. —Kristin Gleason, St. John, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate chips over warm crust. Combine caramel topping and flour; drizzle over top. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 12-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.