Peanut Brittle Bars
Pairing the old-fashioned flavor of peanut brittle with yummy chocolate chips turns these bars into a satisfying treat and sought-after holiday gift.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate chips over warm crust. Combine caramel topping and flour; drizzle over top. Bake 12-16 minutes longer or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 142 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Brittle Bars in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.