Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides. Set aside 1-1/2 cups pretzels for topping. Pulse remaining pretzels in a food processor until fine crumbs form. In a large bowl, mix butter, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and pretzel crumbs.
- Press into prepared pan. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Break reserved pretzels and sprinkle over top; press down gently. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 1 hour. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into 48 bars.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 201 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 16, 2019
I love chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels, but these were just ok for me. Although not difficult to make, these were more time consuming than I thought. No way is it only 15 min of prep time. The peanut butter batter was very stiff and very crumbly. It did not hold together well when I cut the bars. There is always the possibility I made an error in measuring, but I don't think I did. I would not make them again.
Dec 6, 2019
Very easy but the chocolate blended somewhat into the peanut butter batter...should.the first lauer get slightly chilled to avoid tjis from happening
Jun 29, 2019
SO easy and SO delicious !!!!!!
Mar 12, 2019
Perfect sweet and salty combo! These were a big hit with my family.
Nov 19, 2018
WOW. HOPE NOBODY FINDS THIS - I did find pretzels vary and the salty the best. THANK YOU!!!!
Nov 17, 2018
Delicious and so easy to make. Awesome recipe.
Nov 4, 2018
I know this will be good as I have a similar recipe using graham crackers crumbs for the crust. Added surprise is its NO BAKE..nice not to heat up the oven all the time. And who dosent like chocolate and PB -its a hit from the start!
May 28, 2018
I made these the night (1000 pm) before Memorial Day for a holiday cookout. Before I could get the pan in the fridge to harden both daughters and my grandson had eaten four large pieces. I had a bit of trouble melting the chips to a smooth consistency but this was corrected by adding a bit more shortening. This dessert was a big hit even before it was ready to serve.