Crunchy Peanut Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 cup Spanish peanuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring corn syrup and sugars to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter. Fold in cornflakes and peanuts.
- Gently press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 20, 2013
I have to comment on the two rated reviews. You did not review this recipe, you wrote your own recipes as reviews instead of submitting them separately! Nola has the right to have true opinions written about her specific recipe, and as soon as I can make these bars, I will review them, as the recipe sounds wonderful! You, on the other hand, have not helped anyone but your own egos.
Jul 27, 2011
I liked how very quickly these came together and they tasted good as well. I used carob chips, organic fruit juice sweetened corn flakes and left out the peanuts and they still tasted good. I do think that the calorie count here is off though because using my WW calorie counter without the peanuts mine were 195 per serving based on 8. The carob chips also have about half the calories that chocolate chips so beware of the extra calories.
Sep 26, 2010
I haven't made this but the first rate didn't mention chocolate in the topping...Did you leave it tout?
Feb 24, 2010
I have made this recipe for years. I altered the ingredients to 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/2 c corn syrup, 1/2 c peanut butter, 2 c corn flakes, 1 c rice crispies, no nuts, and 1 tsp vanilla. Spread in buttered 8" pan. Icing--combine 1/2 c brown sugar, 2 tablespoons cream or milk. 1-2 tablespoons butter, and 1 cup icing sugar. Blend well and spread over cooled squares.