Nut-Licious Peanut Butter Bars
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- NUT TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients. Press onto the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the nuts, honey and cinnamon. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Crumble mixture and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and honey until smooth. Beat in the egg, vanilla and maple flavoring. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cooled crust. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle nut mixture over warm filling; press in slightly. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 189 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 27, 2019
I made this for my mom's birthday (She's a peanut butter freak) and she loved it! At first I thought the bars wouldn't stand up very well, but they were great!
Sep 12, 2013
This were a big hit at my family reunion and church potluck.