Peanut Butter Granola Mini Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the oats, brown sugar and salt; add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 93 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 7, 2016
These bars are soooo good! I didn't have enough chocolate chips so I added some butterscotch chips, and I'm so glad I did. Next time I will do the same!
Aug 26, 2016
I used pancake syrup in place of honey and they turned out super! Best granola bars I've made and my 3 children rated them awesome! They are moist, chewy and full of of peanut butter flavor.
Jan 25, 2016
A soft, chewy granola bar! Made this easy to prepare bar during the blizzard of 2016. Huge hit with snow shoveling family. Followed directions exactly, they do need to cool completely. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home, I enjoy recipes that can be quickly made with ingredients on hand.
Sep 27, 2015
I made these as a post-workout snack/breakfast, and I added some pureed honey-roasted peanuts and chocolate & peanut butter protein powder. They are amazing, filling, and perfect to start off my day!
Nov 10, 2014
these are easy and a fantastic snack. you can dip them in melted chocolate or drizzle some over to fancy them up!! I also add craisins for an extra punch!!
Oct 23, 2014
These are so good. My kids prefer these over store bought granola bars.
Oct 22, 2014
I used between 3/4 and 1 cup of natural p.b and used only 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, that being said, I am notorious for cutting sugar in recipes, as I did in this one, but please don't I think it's safe to say the (sugar+honey) called for in this recipe is right on for a lightly sweetened treat. baked 13 minutes @ 350 cooled before cutting, they're holding together great. Thanks
Sep 17, 2014
Definitely would be good with dark chocolate for me.
Jul 31, 2014
I will do it with my students.
Apr 9, 2014
These disappear quickly. Love how quick and easy they are to make. Definitely a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.