Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions, using prepared pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
- Spread chunky peanut butter over brownies. Place chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in Rice Krispies; spread over chunky peanut butter layer. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes or until set.
- Lifting with parchment, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 390 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 8, 2020
I've made these twice in the last week following the recipe as written. They are absolutely delicious and a huge hit with everyone who has tried them. Great with a glass of milk or cup of coffee!
Apr 8, 2020
I don't know what everyone was talking about I don't think they were rich at all. I did use milk chocolate chips because I prefer them. I love love love peanut butter. I think they were perfect.
Feb 23, 2020
Agree with those saying this is definitely rich! I have a huge sweet tooth and have to cut these in small 2x2” pieces they’re so rich! I also didn’t measure the chunky PB, I just spread a really thin layer of PB on the brownies since people were saying it’s almost over powering. If you’re in the mood for some rich and chocolate-y treats, these are definitely something to consider making! :)
Feb 8, 2020
I never thought I’d say this, but to much peanut butter. I know, not possible but true it’s all you taste and it needs more sweetness, this from a person who doesn’t like real sweet desserts. I would if I make again, take the peanut butter out of the chocolate mixture and add some powdered sugar to the middle layer. This was disappointing for me but easy to make just needs some tweaking.
Sep 23, 2019
These are so delicious and easy!! Worth making right away!!
Aug 29, 2019
I found the ORIGINAL version of this years ago in a cookbook that I bought at a book sale, probably 15 or 20 years ago. Exact same recipe. Love it. But, I don't understand why this person claims she created it...back when I was in school that was called plagerism!!!!!
Aug 4, 2019
I made these using a gluten free brownie mix as my son can’t have gluten but it did matter as everyone in the family LOVED these bars. My son said they were the best dessert he has had since being gluten free. I will keeping these in our dessert rotation.
Jun 16, 2019
I used the peanut butter / chocolate / rice krispie topping combo on my regular chocolate cake recipe. Made my friend VERY happy! I will try the recipe above and will offer a review.
Jun 1, 2018
excellent!! great recipes to take camping!! thanks for sharing....
Feb 7, 2018
These are delicious! I made them for Super Bowl party and everyone loved them! They are rich, so I cut them into 1” squares. Several wanted the recipe and the few that were left went to the office. Yummy!