Peanut Caramel Brownie Bites
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed and softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- CANDY BAR TOPPING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts, divided
- 40 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/4 cups (7-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; coat foil with cooking spray.
- Microwave butter, sugar and water on high just until mixture comes to a boil, 3-4 minutes; stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until blended. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- For topping, combine sugar, butter and milk in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in marshmallow creme, 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla; pour over brownies. Sprinkle with 2 cups peanuts.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and water; cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until blended. Pour over peanuts.
- Microwave chocolate chips on high until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining peanut butter until smooth; pour over caramel layer. Chop remaining peanuts; sprinkle on top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 212 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 20, 2018
Made this multiple times during the holidays. Everyone loved it!
Dec 29, 2017
These are fantastic! My mother took them to thanksgiving and they were instantly gone. They were like the best candy bar I've ever had! The only thing I would change is the caramel layer, I would add MORE! Lovely recipe!
Dec 5, 2017
OMG--these are more like candy bars than cookie bars. Probably the richest "cookie" I have ever tasted!! They are a little labor intensive but well worth the time. My son got into my caramel supply so I didn't have enough but just supplemented with some Marzeti's caramel dip (for apples) and it worked like a charm. My mouth thanks Ella but my hips are going to pay for all that richness. Happy holidays!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.