Candy Bar Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Snickers bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside 1/4 cup. Stir remaining dry ingredients into the egg mixture until well combined. Toss Snickers pieces with reserved flour mixture; stir into batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with milk chocolate candy bar pieces. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Chill before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 121 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 3, 2019
I substituted the snicker bars with Pesek Zman Big Bite Bars for the inside and Hershey's chocolate bars for the coarsely chopped bits to cover the exterior. They were a hit and after trying one myself, I found the effect of mixing chocolate bars into the batter gave it a consistency and taste similar to that of Chocolate Ganache. Safe to say, these would be a hit at fundraisers I am sure. My coworkers are begging for more so I'd best get cracking on the next batch.
Apr 21, 2016
I never met a brownie I didn't like : )) I used choc. chips in place of the milk choc. bars because that's what I had, very good!!
Apr 1, 2014
I recall making this recipe quite some time back-I have the Best of Country Brownies & Bars recipe book which this recipe was featured in! I'd used three Snickers candy bars (2.15-oz. EACH), but into 1/4" pieces and three plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.55-oz.), chopped. I use my food processor to chop candy bars( and other ingredients such as pecans or walnuts).I also added 1/8 cup all-purpose flour with the chopped candy bars. I greased and floured my baking pan. As a rule, I prefer to prepared my baking pans this way! It makes it easier for me to remove the finished product from the pan! I did not chill before cutting-I'd left the brownies as is! Thank you for sharing this recipe, Sharon Evans! Brownies in any form are fun to prepare and certainly the varieties of brownies are endless! delowenstein
Oct 28, 2011
kids liked the brownies, but should have more candy
Jun 1, 2010
okay but just did not appeal to me, not chocolate enough, would add semisweet chips to batter if i made again
May 14, 2010
Wow. These are awesome!
Jan 25, 2010
Great brownie recipe! These were a huge hit at church. A chocoholic's dream!
Apr 5, 2009
i'm a big snickers fan so had to try these. I took them to our cookie swap and they were a great hit. FANTASTIC!