Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 18, 2020
As I am a person who doesn't like breakfast food I normally grab a commercial food bar for on the go. But I wanted to make something more nutritious and more budget so I happened to see these in the cook book titled simply Chewy Granola Bars. I did not use the microwave preferring the stove top. I used almond butter and maple syrup. The results were great and daughter approved. Will surely make again.
Mar 2, 2012
We really enjoyed this recipe. I used creamy peanut butter and craisins and omitted the sesame seeds, raisins and peanuts.