- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup malted milk powder, divided
- 4 cups malted milk balls, chopped, divided
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, 3/4 cup malt powder and 2-1/2 cups malted milk balls. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining malt powder. Spread mixture over cereal bars. Sprinkle with remaining malted milk balls; press into chocolate. Let stand until set. Using a serrated knife, cut into squares.
1 bar: 256 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.