Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk and 1 cup chocolate chips. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in egg, almonds and extract. Spread over crust. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpicks inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining chips; drizzle over top. Cut into bars.