Almond Coconut Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 24 blanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine milk and coconut; carefully spread over crust. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a microwave, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Spread over warm bars. Garnish with almonds. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting.
May 20, 2017
Really good! I overlooked it slightly, so next time I will make sure not to go over 20 minutes. It does taste a lot like an Almond Joy.
Jul 11, 2014
Apr 12, 2012
A lot of ingredients and time consuming a bit but got lots of compliments and just like another person responded ..be prepared to give recipe. Found it browned a bit too much w cookie dough waiting for marshmellos to brown and thought it made the bars a bit chewy ...Forgot to buy butterscotch chips and subsituted whip chips and was good. Loved the peanut butter mix in it and made it fudgelike! My daughter brought it to her nurses station and they disapeared ..and guess what? They want the recipe!!
Mar 30, 2011
Very good! Mine came out just like the photo (that doesn't always happen :)
Nov 22, 2010
These are wonderful. Good even without almonds!
Aug 27, 2010
Wondered if it would be even better with almond butter. Has anyone tried that?
Mar 8, 2010
Sep 22, 2009
These were delicious! Almond Joys are my fav candy bar so I had to try these. They are even better!!!!! Everyone at work loved them!
Jul 17, 2009
Easy spreading tip-- wet your hands and you can easily spread the coconut/condensed milk over the crust.
May 26, 2009
These bars are fabulous. I don't even put the blanched almonds on top.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.