Chocolate Macaroon Bars
Here's a nice Christmas treat that takes very little effort. The classic combination of chocolate and coconut is timeless.—Loraine Meyer, Bend, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, combine the milk, coconut and almonds. Drop by spoonfuls over crust; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 146 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Macaroon Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010