Chocolate Almond Crescents
If you like chocolate-covered almonds, you’re in for a treat. These buttery, crumbly cookies make a thoughtful holiday gift. —Vicki Raatz, Waterloo, WI
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups finely chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in almonds and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape 2 teaspoons of dough into 2-in.-long logs. Form each into a crescent. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. If desired, sprinkle with coconut. Let stand until set. Cover dipped sides of cookies with waxed paper; dust undipped sides with confectioners' sugar. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 85 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Butter Crescents in Country Woman Christmas 2008