Coconut Almond Candies
I love Christmas candy, and these simple but special chocolates are among my favorites. They're easy to assemble in paper-lined muffin cups.
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 8 ounces white candy coating
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) unblanched almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut, milk, confectioners' sugar and butter until blended (mixture will be sticky); set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon chocolate mixture into 42 paper-lined miniature muffin cups.
- Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of coconut mixture into balls; gently press into chocolate. Top each with an almond. Spoon 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture over each. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as Almond Bites in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.